Skip to main content

Honor the Waves


I was in yoga class on Saturday - that's normally where I receive all my beautiful messages of wisdom. Towards the end of the class the teacher said that it is so important to honor the waves within us. Honor the waves of emotion, of change. I'm not sure about you but I often judge my low energy/negative feelings. I am naturally a positive person, so when I am feeling a bit low I can easily jump into a place a of judgement, wondering why I am feeling like that, why I'm not inspired and motivated to live my best life. But we can't be in a high energy all day every day. We can consistently be happier when we practice tools to get us there, like meditation, appreciation, exercise. But it is completely normal to have ups and downs. It is completely normal to feel a range of different emotions all the time. Especially as women, we experience different levels of hormones all the time which can have a huge effect on our emotions and mental well-being.

What if we actually gave ourselves permission to simply honor the waves of change within us. What if we noticed our emotions and acknowledged them without judgement? My beautiful coach said that when she's feeling a little out of alignment sometimes, she watches a good movie, has a cry or nap and allows herself to embrace the feeling as when she does that, the next day she finds herself back in beautiful alignment again. 

How can you embrace and acknowledge your feelings through this global change we are going through? How can you honor your feelings and the global waves of change? Is there a way you can nurture yourself to create a feeling of comfort within the uncertainty? I have been using a beautiful mantra that I picked up from someone else, "I am learning to find comfort in the unknown". After all, it is always the unknown that scares most of us, but just because it is unknown, doesn't mean its necessarily bad. As we have recently witnessed in nature, the unknown can bring beautiful new beginnings! 

If you feel you would like some messages of positivity at this time, please join my facebook group as a support system: Be Content with Robyn Tamlin-Lea

honor how i want to feel card deck gabby bernstein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its a good time to set some intentions

I just love this time of year - November, December, January. Firstly because it's festive and fun, and everyone goes into holiday spirit which is often filled with happiness and love. But secondly because it's the time of year where I start thinking of what I would like my next year to look like.  I learnt from Anthony Robbins to set 9 one year intentions. This is what I've been doing for a few years now, and sometimes 9 of these intentions materialise, sometimes much less do. However, I always know that if I didn't set the intentions, I'd be much further from my dream life than if I do.  And so this time of year is a great time to start reflecting on what your year has looked like so far, start re-evaluating what was good and wasn't and think about how you'd like next year to go. I break down my intentions into 3 areas:  1. Spiritual, mental and physical health 2. Family and home 3. Work and wealth Sometimes these shift and change dep

Are your priorities filling your cup?

I was chatting to a friend the other day and she asked me how I get to walk on the beach or do yoga all the time. She said she can barely sit down with a cup of tea let alone go for a long walk and it made her feel frustrated. It really got me thinking about the difference between our two lives.  Her house is always beautiful and spotless, all the housework is done, dinner cooked every night and children home-schooled at the moment. She also is committed to making her business a priority in this trying time which keeps their family afloat.  My house is always messy! Put 2 dogs and a 3 year old together and see what happens, so I often do the bare minimum to tidy it up, I leave the washing until its an absolute must do and share the load of cooking with my husband. It made me realize how different our priorities are and how we so often judge our lives based on someone else's priorities.   My priority every day is to either go for a walk or do yoga, because if I don't it

I'm Tired of Hustling ..... sshhh don't tell anyone

I am so tired of 'hustling'. I said it! I feel like 'the hustlers' would just die if they read that. Is it just me, or is hustling over-rated? Coming from someone who is an active relaxer, go-getter, self-motivator, I thought I'd never say those words.  But I have gotten to a point in my life where I am questioning whether we really need to be hustling all of the time, and never sleep or rest in order to be successful', or actually is it ok to take our own time, smell the roses and just enjoy our journey, and even switch paths if we really want to? I feel like we are living in a society where we are expected to achieve everything by 16 years old, be the absolute best in every area of our lives and if we aren't actively working towards creating millions of dollars, then we are questioned about what our purpose really is.  If I think back to when my parents were growing up, generally the dads worked Mon-Fri, the moms were at home with the children and weeke